Firefighters tackle blaze at garden centre

Firefighters were called to a plastic fire at a South Cheshire garden centre on Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to the garden centre, on Cappers Lane in Betchton just after 11am – with the blaze involving plastic garden products.

Emergency services spent 90 minutes at the scene and damped down the area.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Servicespokeswoman said fire engines from Sandbach and Alsager, as well as specialist vehicle from Sandbach, had tackled the blaze.

She said: “At around 11.15am firefighters were called to reports of fire at a garden centre on Cappers Lane in Betchton.

“On arrival crews discovered around 10 square metres of plastic garden products well alight.

“Firefighters used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire in the open and prevent it from spreading to nearby fields.

“They then damped the area down to make it safe.

“Crews were in attendance for around an hour-an-a-half.”

source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Close