British garden, leisure and petcare products suppliers will have the opportunity to acquire a wealth of valuable export information and also to present their products to important overseas buyers at an Open Day and Meet-the-Buyer event being organised by the Gardenex and PetQuip associations on Wednesday 3 December. The event, to be held at the Federation’s head office in Brasted, Kent is open to federation members and potential exporters.
The key elements of the day include the opportunity to:
- book one-to-one ‘business creating’ meetings with key buyers from the US and Europe.
- take part in round-table workshop discussions with a US distributor of garden products and a Danish pet product distributor. This is an ideal opportunity to discover what a successful distributor seeks from its suppliers, to understand the markets they cover and to find out which product ranges they are seeking to source.
- receive details of the Federation’s range of export events planned for 2015.
- explore the Federation’s research library which includes market reports, export information, tradeshow and company catalogues.
- view the latest editions of the US garden and pet market reports.
- network with like- minded exporters, trade contacts and the Gardenex and PetQuip team.
The meet-the-buyer element of the day will involve a US distributor of garden products, a Danish pet product distributor, a Belgian importer/distributor of pet products and a Romanian wholesaler/pet retail chain. Additional buyers have been invited by the Federation, and the British participating firms will be notified when details are known. Commenting on the success of previous meet-the buyer events, which have been organised by Gardenex and PetQuip for many years, the federation’s director general, Amanda Sizer Barrett said; “These popular meetings provide an opportunity for regular exporters and new-to-export firms to present their ranges to individual buyers. The pre-arranged meetings provide a cost-effective way for British suppliers to meet with buyers that have already confirmed their interest in the specific products being offered by the supplier. This eliminates wasted time and enables a productive discussion to take place. The resulting successes in terms of new business are manifold.”
The deadline for registering interest in the event is Wednesday 19 November.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
tel: +44 (0) 44 1959 565995 or fax: +44 (0) 1959 565885